Earlier in August 2014, I published an article on Eligible Magazine entitled Get Your Sexy Mouth On which outlines how getting a sexy mouth makeover can dramatically increase a single person’s sex appeal. Our human mouths are one of the most sexual parts of our bodies, and there are several ways that your dentist can help improve your mouth's appearance beyond whitening, straightening and cleaning your teeth. The scientific instrumentation inside a modern dentist's office is getting smarter, smaller, more comfortable and more affordable every day.
Kristal is a top rated dentist in Oakville who works alongside Dr Anil Ralhan; she was kind enough to let us photograph her for this piece. She is not a cosmetic dentist because there really is no such designation in dentistry, however she's a good choice for anyone seeking help making a sexy mouth.
The term Cosmetic dentistry, when it does appear in advertising and other semi respectable messaging, is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person's teeth, gums and bite.
Many dental practitioners refer to themselves as cosmetic dentists for marketing reasons, regardless of their specific education, training, and experience as beauticians or estheticians. This has been considered unethical by the Ontario Dental Association, and other goverining bodies around the world. Here in Oakville, Dr Ralhan does NOT refer to himself as a cosmetic dentist, however their Oakville dental office specializes in oral aesthetics, and these folks do pride themselves at being the best choice in the area for someone looking to upgrade their smile.
Earlier this summer, Katie Lister met with Oakville dentist Dr. Anil Ralhan to explore her dental options. This veteran dentist explained everything possible and listed the possibilities and what he does, and the entire repository of aesthetic procedures he can do at the clinic. He admitted that she doesnt need much, as Katie already has a remarkably white, all natural smile. However if she so desired, she could have any one of the following six procedures:
1. Teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic dental procedure. While many tooth bleaching options are now available, including several over the counter products, dentist-supervised treatments remain the top recommended solutions for lightening discolored teeth. Ie "L A S E R ' more on that laser.
2. Teeth sculpting and bonding can now be performed in a single office visit. Tooth reshaping removes parts of the enamel to improve the appearance of the tooth. It may be used to correct a small chip in a tooth, or to alter the length, shape or position of a bite full of teeth; it can be used to correct crooked or excessively long teeth. Also known as enameloplasty, odontoplasty, contouring, recontouring, slenderizing, stripping or sculpting, the removed enamel is irreplaceable, and this may sometimes expose dentin. This procedure offers fast results and can even be a substitute for braces under certain circumstances. 2a. Bonding is the process in which an enamel-like dental composite material is re-applied to a tooth's surface, sculpted into shape, hardened and then polished.
3. Dental bridges are false teeth, known as a pontics, which are fused between two porcelain crowns to fill in areas left by missing teeth. Two crowns hold the pontic in place, these are attached to adjacent sides of the false tooth. This is known as a fixed bridge. This procedure is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Fixed bridges cannot be taken out in the same way that partial dentures can. In areas of the mouth that are under less stress, such as the front teeth, a cantilever bridge may be used. Cantilever bridges are used when there are teeth on only one side of the open space. Bridges can reduce the risk of gum disease, help correct some bite issues and even improve your speech. Bridges trap food and require commitment to serious oral hygiene tactics but may last up to ten years or more.
4. Veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made porcelain laminates that are bonded directly to the teeth. They are an option for closing gaps or disguising discolored teeth that do not respond well to whitening procedures. Depending on the procedure, tooth reduction may be necessary.
5. Gum lift is a cosmetic dental procedure that raises and sculpts the gum line. The procedure involves reshaping the tissue and underlying bones to create the appearance of longer or more symmetrical teeth.
6. Bite Reclamation is used on patients who have had years of excessive wear to their teeth due to grinding or acid reflux that can alter their vertical dimension. Opening a patient's bite can sometimes even remove unwanted wrinkles in the skin around the patient's mouth.
Oakville dental office also contains recreational technology like gaming consoles in the waiting room, and an operatory with multiple flat screens on armatures that can be swung about anywhere in the room, one for the dentist and one for the patient. Dr Anil Ralhan says there are patients he has that come here looking to relax and take a few hours off from their hectic day. The dental assistant gives them headsets and puts their favourite TV show on screen so they can 'go to the beach' for an hour.
Young Sexy Teeth Can Never Be Too White
Laser teeth whitening is the best choice of all available teeth whitening options, as this new technology requires no personal effort, and can deliver spectacular results in a short period of time for a reasonable cost.
Sexy mouths often have puffy lips over healthy red gums. Contrary to the effects of testosterone on a man’s facial structure, the effects of a woman’s estrogen levels actually serve to maintain her youthful face and appearance. Estrogen helps preserve female juvenile facial structures during puberty and even during final maturation. It has been shown that the more estrogen a woman has, the larger her eyes will be, and the fuller her lips will be, characteristics which are perceived as more feminine, and indeed more healthy. Surveys performed by sexual psychologists have found that men universally find a woman’s full lips to be more sexually attractive than lips that are thin. And so its logical to deduce that a woman’s full lips are more sexually attractive to males because they serve as a biological indicator of a woman’s health and fertility.
Skin, lips and white teeth all work together to make an irresible sexy mouth.